Monday, October 6, 2008

I am The Scorpion Entry 7

August 30, 2008 10:34 p.m.-10:42 p.m.

See, this is why I don’t keep a diary.

I always forget to write in it.

I’m sorry.

I’ve been thinking about you; yearning to write.

Just…too distracted.

Things inside my head have gotten worse.

I started smoking.

I know, smoking is bad.

It kills your lungs and, damages your heart, stains your teeth- I love it.

Self-destruction in a tiny little stick of tobacco and paper.

I’ve figured out why I have such a fascination with drugs.

Trust.

I put trust in them.

I trust the smoke when it goes into my lungs; or the heroin, if I used it, as it goes into my veins.

I take them into myself and trust them in their intimacy.

Also, I get to destroy them in the process.

Burn the cigarettes to ash; leave the needle an empty shell with no purpose.

They give me themselves; everything they have.

I put the trust I can’t seem to put in people into them.

And in return, they sacrifice themselves for me.

Now that is love. ♥

No comments: