Monday, October 6, 2008

I am The Scorpion Entry 9

October 5, 2008 11:12 p.m-11:21 p.m.

I realized something.

I never get sick.

Not really.

I mean, sniffles and aches and the occasional headache.

But I never get really sick.

Why?

Is this sickness inside of me causing this?

Does it kill off anything that risks overriding its hold on me?

Is it some sort of infection that devours all its enemies?

Is it jealous?

Does it want my full attention?

Or is it fueling itself? Using the would-be sickness to feed its own virus to infect me further?

Maybe I should be thankful, but it’s still unsettling.

Just the random observation of the night.

Moving this week has got me a tad stressed.

I shouldn’t say moving though. That doesn’t bother me.

I’m used to it.

It’s a convenience to have boxes instead of shoving all the possessions I can into a bag and hopping a train.

My Mother is just making it Hell.

I’m smoking like my lungs breathe cancer instead of air.

Maybe that will be the sickness that wins out over this thing inside me.

Here’s to hoping.

No comments: